A federal judge in Mississippi just ruled that tower dumps, the practice of grabbing the records of EVERY phone connected to a cell tower, are per se unconstitutional. Not fixable. Not "narrow it down and come back." Dead as a category. And it happened because of Chatrie v. United States, the Supreme Court decision I covered in the SignalTrace video. I told you it would have downstream effects. I thought that meant years. It took five weeks.
In this video: what a tower dump actually is, what happened in Jackson, Mississippi, what Judge Carlton Reeves ruled and why it matters beyond one district, whether the government is appealing, and what this means for plate readers, SignalTrace, reverse keyword searches, and the data broker loophole.
This one is for everyone who left a comment on the Flock and SignalTrace videos saying the fight was already lost. The scoreboard says otherwise.
No comments:
Post a Comment