3/30/2014

Sumits Yoga HOT $5 Community Classes Springfield, MO. Are Way Cool


Stephanie Lael Lewis and Nikki Love-Adkins Thanks for an awesome Arm Balance Clinic. Very insightful, well put together, easy to follow, & tons of fun.
March 29th 2014

See you at the Next One!







$5 Community Classes are held every Tuesday and Thursday at 5:30 am, Noon & 7:30 pm.  You can come to ONE Community Class per day.  Anyone is welcome, you don't have to have a current package to attend! Community classes are CASH ONLY!

Instructors:

Nikki Adkins, RYT 200 (co-owner):
about-sumit-springfieldI started doing yoga here and there to stay in shape after I graduated college from MSU in 2004.  It wasn't until after my daughter was diagnosed with severe food allergies and eczema soon after she was born in 2006 that I began practicing yoga close to 6 times a week.  I discovered not only what yoga could do for my body but more importantly for my mind and soul.  It allowed time to focus on me so that I could relieve stress and worry, coming out of the yoga room calm and strong...physically and mentally!  I was able to focus on making a clean, comfortable and healthy environment for my daughter and really appreciate my amazing husband rather than just being consumed by stress and anxiety.

In addition to my training with Joan Rosen at Body of Works Yoga in Springfield, I completed my Sumits Hot Yoga Teacher Training in July of 2009 (shout out to my awesome hubby, parents, in-laws and Mark Monroe who helped make this happen!) and am certified through the Yoga Alliance. As a yoga instructor, I constantly feel the urge to share the gift of yoga so that everyone can experience at least one of the many benefits that it has to offer.  Sumit Hot Yoga has allowed me to deepen my focus and embrace the many things our minds and bodies can do rather than looking at what they may not be able to do.

In my spare time I enjoy being able to coach the MSU cheer team, spend time with my family, friends and dog (Marley) and go to the lake. I am so grateful for everything that Sumit Banerjee has brought into my life, and am blessed to be able to share my love for his work with my students.


Stephanie Lewis, RYT 200 (co-owner):

I began practicing yoga in 2005, and although at that time I didn't realize all of the amazing benefits of a consistent practice,  I did immediately fall in love with the way I felt after a class. After awhile I started to see that just by spending a little bit of time on my mat,  I was healing not only my body, but also my mind and soul.  Bikram Yoga was introduced into my life in 2007 after I moved to Chicago as a way to combat the cold Chicago winters in a heated yoga room, and also to continue practicing yoga in a different way.  After a few classes of getting used to the heat I was addicted, and began introducing hot yoga to my family and friends when they came to visit.  I moved back to Springfield in early 2009 and was thrilled to find Sumits Hot Yoga - Springfield. I was even more excited at the opportunity to teach Sumits Yoga to others, and I completed my teacher training in Phoenix, Arizona, with Sumit Banerjee in the summer of 2009.  I hope my students feel the same peace and fulfillment that I do at the end of each class, and look forward to passing my passion for yoga on to others.  I want to thank my fiance Tony, my parents, Sumit Banerjee and Mark Monroe for making this amazing opportunity possible!



Sumits Yoga Is...

  • Practiced to a purposeful series of yoga postures
  • Practiced in a heated environment
  • Practiced to energizing and balancing music
  • Led by certified, enthusiastic and inspired teachers
  • Taught with a purposeful dialogue designed to motivate
  • Practiced with a positive attitude

Classes at Sumit Hot Yoga flow to music through a sequence of both balancing and energizing asanas (poses) in a heated practice environment. At Sumits Yoga, we understand the healing aspect of heat. In a yoga class, you practice poses that require stretching and compression of the joints, muscles, ligaments and other supporting structures of the body. Your body naturally protects itself from physical exertion by generating heat from the inside muscles outwards. We start with the heat up front…providing extra protection from the very first poses. Another added benefit is that your body burns fat more effectively. It's not uncommon for our students practicing regularly to lose inches of shape in a relatively short time.

Though classes are designed to optimize physical health by waking and energizing the entire body, Sumits Yoga stresses that the greatest benefit comes not as much from the healing of the body, but from the healing of the mind.  The simple pleasure and self-reward that comes from quieting our minds, listening to each breath and honoring where are bodies are in stillness or movement cannot be measured. You do not measure your yoga practice by how many perfectly aligned poses you can perform, but by how deep you can immerse yourself inwards. It's amazing how a simple downward dog can be felt so differently by any student on any given day and still provide a feeling of connection, balance and satisfaction regardless of the depth it's practiced. This is the true beauty of yoga and it awaits every student who is ready let go of the ego and begin listening to their own deeper wisdom and inner voice.


For more information on Sumits Yoga please click here


https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sumits-Hot-Yoga-Springfield/129888630390936


http://sumithotyoga.com/ 






NEW YOGA STUDENT SPECIAL
$20 for Two Weeks of Unlimited Classes! Yoga students who purchase their first package during the time of their New Student Special will receive and extra 25% discount on that package (must be purchased during first two weeks of classes, and must be purchased in the studio to receive the discount ... sorry, no exceptions!).

Class Cards
Unlimited Yoga Classes

1 Class Card - $15
1 Month - $125

3 Class Card - $45
3 Month - $325

5 Class Card - $65
6 Month - $645

10 Class Card - $120

12 Month - $1075

*PLEASE NOTE* 3, 5 and 10 Class Cards Expire after 1 Year!

**NEW**

30 Class Card -- $275 (Good for 2 Years)

50 Class Card -- $435 (Good for 2 Years)

We offer a 25% discount for students. Please bring a valid Student ID when you purchase your package to redeem this discount.  Also, Cox, Mercy and Springfield Public Schools are part of our group pricing. Please call to find out more info about how your workplace or group can be a part of Sumits Yoga! To receive any of these discounts, packages must be purchased in the studio and not online, and discounts must be asked for at time of purchase!

Family Pricing: We have package pricing for families with 2 people, and with 3 or more (family includes spouses and children). For more information, please call 417-881-YOGA, or inquire at the studio.










//////



No comments:

Post a Comment