Shock Video: Teen Boy Shot and Killed by Cop for Flashing Headlights and Flexing Rights

This shit has got to stop! Cop go free after killing a 17 year old that was not in possession (of) any weapon and emphatically told the officer that he was not armed. 

Read more at:

Shock Video: Teen Boy Shot and Killed by Cop for Flashing Headlights and Flexing Rights

Eaton County, MI — It was announced this week that the officer who shot and killed 17-year-old Deven Guilford for flexing his rights this past February, will not be charged for any crimes.
Deven was traveling along the road and flashed his lights at an officer because his headlights were so bright that they nearly made Deven run off the road. He was then pulled over by Sgt. Frost of the Eaton County Sheriff’s Office, who stopped the young man for no other reason than the fact that he flashed his lights.
When Frost approached the car, Guilford explained that he was simply flashing his lights to be a polite driver, and let the officer know that his high beams were on so he didn’t cause an accident.
The officer began to get aggressive with Guilford when he was not immediately obedient and attempted to flex his rights during the traffic stop. Guilford refused to show the officer his license and registration because he had broken no laws and the officer had no reason to stop him.

Guilford also began recording the encounter with his cell phone and let the officer know that he was filming for his own safety. He then asked the officer if he was being detained and for what reason. He was told that he was being detained because he refused to comply with Frost and show him his ID. However, not showing his ID is a secondary offense, meaning the officer would actually need a real reason to pull him over to begin with.

Read more at:

On a power trip, Frost violently ripped Guilford out of the vehicle and forced him down to the ground. Guilford attempted to remain filming while he complied with the officer’s orders and moved to the ground. Sadly, Guilford was not moving fast enough for Frost, so he tased the young boy. At this time, both the body camera and the cell phone footage got cut off.

Off camera, Frost shot and killed the young boy. The known details are sparse because the killing happened out of the view of the dash-cam, and the body camera was turned off at that point. However, the officer claims that the young boy attacked him, so he “feared for his life” and killed him, firing 7 shots from his weapon.
After the announcement that officer Frost would not be charged, the Guilford family released the following statement:

“There was no reason or necessity for the officer to physically remove our son from the car without considering other options to avoid an unnecessary violent escalation. It must be also noted that Deven was not in possession (of) any weapon and emphatically told the officer that he was not armed. We also have serious concerns about whether the officer used unreasonable force against Deven under the circumstances.”

Read more at: http://thefreethoughtproject.com/17-year-boy-shot-killed-cops-flashing-headlights-flexing-rights/#iH91ya83VFE3Qfji.99

I call BS on this!
This story is full of untruths statements. We we never know the truth of this.
No 17-year-old would ever try to overpower a cop with a gun and know that back up in seconds from the seen. Or I am wrong about this, so is the way of the world.

CHARLOTTE, Mich. – The Eaton County Prosecutor's Office has released photos it says show the injuries a Sheriff's Department sergeant suffered during a fatal altercation with an unarmed teen earlier this year.
The release of the photos comes one day after Prosecuting Attorney Doug Lloyd released a 19-page news release and some video evidence during a news conference to announce there would be no charges filed against Sgt. Jonathan Frost.
Backlash from his decision on social media, Lloyd said Wednesday evening, prompted him to release the images of Frost.

Lloyd said there was discussion within his office in the days leading up to the news conference about releasing the Frost photos with the rest of the materials, but he opted not to. The social media response prompted him to change his mind.
The public's reaction to his decision, at least the opinions sent directly to him, have been negative, he said.
"The e-mails have been critical of me, is a kind way to put it," Lloyd said.

Officer Frost injuries - February 28

Officer Frost injuries - February 28

Frost, an eight-year veteran, pulled Deven Guilford over Feb. 28 after he said the teen flashed his bright lights because he thought Frost's were on, police said. Guilford repeatedly refused to give Frost his driver's license and other documents, and eventually resisted arrest. Frost initially used his stun gun on Guilford while the teen was lying on his stomach next to his vehicle but would not put his hands behind his back as Frost was attempting to handcuff him. The teen got off the ground, when police said Guilford was able to get on top of Frost in a snow-filled ditch and was hitting him in the face.
Lloyd said Tuesday Frost could feel blood in his mouth and felt he was about to lose consciousness before he removed his gun from the holster. Lloyd said Frost's gun did not fire at first, but he ejected an unfired round, chambered a new round and fired seven shots at close range in four seconds, all of which struck Guilford. He died at the scene. There is no video of the confrontation soon after Guilford was stunned and stood up.
Toxicology results showed that THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, was in Guilford's system at the time of the stop. The level of the substance "suggests that Deven used marijuana within three to four hours or sooner," of the traffic stop, according to a press release issued by Lloyd's office.

Video shows a side-by-side view of video from Sgt. Frost's body camera
and Deven Guilford's cell phone video. 
Provided video
Frost was taken to the hospital the night of the incident and released the next morning. He suffered injuries to the face and head. Lloyd said there was initial concern Frost had a fractured jaw or orbital bone, but X-rays were negative.
Lloyd's office received the Michigan State Police investigation on May 27, he said on Tuesday, and spent about three weeks reviewing 29 law enforcement reports, hours of video and audio, an autopsy report, a toxicology report, Frost's medical and personnel file and dispatch records, among other pieces of evidence.
Lloyd said Wednesday he doesn't anticipate releasing any additional information or evidence without a Freedom of Information Act request.

Matt Mencarini is a reporter for the Lansing State Journal. Contact him at at 517-267-1347 or mmencarini@lsj.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment