1/24/2019

Meet my daughter Brittany Greer and her daughter Alyssa


Mine and Alyssa’s segment on the Tammie Tubbs Show is now available. I hope you all can find inspiration through Alyssa’s journey. This was definitely a new and exciting experience for Alyssa being in front of the bright lights and cameras, but I think she did phenomenally well! I want to give a very special shout out to my neighbor and friend, Tammie Tubbs for having us on the show. Tammie has been an inspiration to me since we met many years ago and she shared her story with me. I truly believe that people are put into our lives for a reason. Enjoy!

How Therapeutic Horseback Riding Empowered My Disabled Daughter -
READ MORE HERE:  
http://www.hotmesstosupermom.com/2018/10/how-therapeutic-horseback-riding.html


When Alyssa sat on Casper’s back, the giant horse seemed to become hyper-aware of her presence and remained perfectly still. As the riding aides began to coax him out into the arena, Casper’s careful movement reflected the respect and admiration he had for my disabled daughter who proudly adorned his back. The mere sight of such as small and seemingly fragile child riding gracefully on a huge animal in comparison can be a bit perplexing for those witnessing the act for the first time.

Turning My Novel Writing Dream Into Reality

READ MORE HERE: http://www.hotmesstosupermom.com/2018/10/turing-my-novel-writing-dream-into.html


Writing has always been my passion. It is the one thing I have known without a doubt that I am meant to do with my life. For me, there’s something freeing about writing. It gives me an escape and a much-needed break from reality. It allows me to have full control over the story that I am orchestrating. I am the creator—the inventor of my world. It is a fulfillment unlike no other.

The Early Years

I have been drawn to writing since I was a child—creating stories before I could even spell. I have always had a love for words, books, and creative expression. My most prized possession growing up was my vintage typewriter. I loved the sound the keys made as they stamped the paper, spelling out the words inside my head. I can still remember my first short story about a young private eye who craved mischief and adventure. I lived inside Carmen’s world and found excitement in telling her story. 

As I got older, my writing style changed. I became more interested in a journalistic approach to storytelling. I was determined to keep writing even when there was no platform for my expression. I had initiative and ambition that allowed me to create publications for the schools I attended. In middle school, I started a newsletter that included features, poems, interviews, and news articles. I remember the joy I got from laying out the pages and feeling proud that I had created something people were reading. In high school, I continued to break barriers by starting the school’s first newspaper. I found validation in my passion and knew without a doubt writing would be my chosen career path.

#Dyslexia #Dyslexic #learningdisability #learning #disabilities #reading #LD #IDA #dyspraxia #hypertonia #hypotonia #multiplesclerosis #cerebralpalsy #TherapeuticHorsebackRiding


///////



No comments:

Post a Comment