11/24/2012

DDP Yoga Challenge Never, Ever Give Up. Arthur's Inspirational Transformation! A Guy Who Didn't Give Up! Arthur Boorman Story






There are moments when you are upset, hurt, worry…
There are moments when you are happy, cheerful, motivated…
Moments come and go, what’s important is … Never Give Up!
This clip shows the story of an ordinary person being extraordinary by never give up.
You can be one too!
The Amazing Transformation of a Guy Who Didn’t Give Up!





“It Ain’t Your Mamma’s Yoga”

And more from the wrestler-turned-yogi behind the latest Internet sensation 


By now, you’ve no doubt heard the amazing story of Arthur Boorman  (read our full interview with him here) the veteran whose transformation from being disabled to runner has captivated the country. Now it's time to meet the man Boorman credits with his success: Diamond Dallas Page, the world-champ wrestler-turned-yogi and founder of DDP Yoga. We caught up with the 56-year-old to talk about his unconventional approach to yoga—and second chances.  


Prevention: Watching Arthur Boorman transform in the video is amazing. Tell us about it.
Diamond Dallas Page: That was not an infomercial. We took out all our PR stuff because we wanted to inspire people and they really paid attention to it. 
P: How did you get the amazing footage?
DDP: There’s a movie called “INSPIRED: The Movie.” [The filmmaker] has actually been following Arthur since two weeks into the program and all the way up to now, which is five years later. We’re hoping for it to be released at Sundance.
P: Tell me about your style of yoga.
DDP: It ain’t your momma’s yoga. I’m trying to get people who wouldn’t be caught dead doing yoga, because I was one of them. Now I can do all forms of yoga, and I appreciate them all. But in the beginning I thought…that’s not a workout, that’s a bunch of humming and chanting and I hate all that stuff. 
P: Yoga helped you with your own injuries, right?
DDP: I was in the top four wrestlers in the world from ’97 to ’98 when I hurt my L-4 and L-5 [lumbar spine]. I had three doctors tell me my career was over—sort of like Arthur being told he could never walk again. My wife introduced me to yoga, and I tried it reluctantly. I was blown away how much it helped me in the first three weeks. I took those yoga moves and started mixing them with rehab moves. In less than three months I was back in the ring. At 42, they said my career was over. At 43, I was the oldest world champion ever crowned in my sport. 
P: When did you first hear of Arthur?
DDP: Arthur bought by program, and I sent him an email questionnaire. His responses were amazing. I said, “It sounds like you need some help. Tell me about yourself.”
P: What did he say?
DDP: He started out the email with, “I’ve pretty much relegated to thinking of myself as a piece of furniture.” He’s a disabled veteran with shot knees, shot back, shot hips—it took him 10-20 minutes to get out of bed every morning. When you can’t do any cardiovascular conditioning, you’re going to put on weight. I said, “Send me a picture so I can see what I’m looking at.” I’m like, “Oh man. Wow. I’m gonna help this guy.” I called him and said, “In the next 5-10 years you’re going to have a heart attack. You could die if you don’t start taking care of your body, dude.”
P: Do you always start with the scare tactics?
DDP: In his condition, hell yes. People need to hear the reality: You’re going to die. That’s when they make a decision. Most people want to be skinnier. But people who are really obese? They just want to live again. 
P: What was the transformation like?
DDP: That’s the part I worked on with him. What people want will drive them farther than anything. They have to decide they really want it, write it down, and set goals. He lost four inches off his stomach and 20 pounds in two weeks…that’s like Biggest Loser numbers! I said, “You can’t stop. Keep going.” Today, he can do the shit I can’t do. That’s pretty awesome.



DDP YOGA

Designed to give you a ZERO impact workout, Kick-ass cardio, Dramatically increased flexibility AND Core strength conditioning. Combine that with our AMAZING weight loss results for the best workout on the planet!

Diamond Dallas Page


































Harmony Yoga & Wellness Center

Harmony Yoga & Wellness Center 
Irina Isayeva is Buddy's Yoga Teacher








///////




No comments:

Post a Comment